Louise Riencourt 65-67
Athens - Panormou metro station
+30 213 0383611
+30 6979 093731
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SEMINAR ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY WILL BE HELD AT ZEN CENTER ATHENS
October 17-19, 2014
"Michael is one of the rare teachers that can weave together yoga postures, deep philosophical inquiry and daily life, and also explore aspects of yoga that are rarely taught and rarely understood. True to tradition and very contemporary, he teaches a true transformation of mind, body and heart"
"The connection of mind and body has never been explored and explained better"
--Sharon Gannon, cofounder, Jivamukti Yoga
This 3 day intensive for practitioners desiring to experience aliveness and deeper spiritual dimension of yoga postures, as well as to undo habitual patterns in the body, mind and nervous system.
It is also highly recommended for teachers of yoga interested in learning the depths of practice and how to bring those depths to life with students. Teachers will receive an 18 hour Yoga Alliance certificate of attendance.
The morning sessions 9-12 will cover the following themes
- role of breathing and attention in undoing habitual patterns in the body, mind and nervous system,
- the anatomy of yoga breathing and bandhas in yoga postures.
- Alignment in various categories of poses.
- Core strength and how to work with your mind.
- Asana as a practice of pranayama. Udiyana bandha, release of the palette, and smart alignment.
- How the correct breathing patterns make standing postures and sitting postures come alive.
- The principles of grounding forward bends, twists and basic backbends.
- Ways to adjust your own pose as well as assist your students that are safe, intelligent and account for difference.
The afternoon sessions 14-17 will cover the following themes
- The inner tradition of yoga.
- Working with obstacles in practice and in daily living.
- Patanjali's Yoga-Sutras from a psychological perspective. His approach to: distractions, addiction, impermanence,
- Teachings in emptiness
- How to make the ancient teachings come alive in our practice, and how to share the teachings with others.
An evening lecture and discussion on transforming stress, anxiety and turbulent emotions into positive forms of change
Full seminar: 380 Euros plus VAT
Morning practice 9-12 am: 35 Ευρώ per session or 95 Ευρώ for all three (plus VAT)
Afternoon session 14-17 pm: 95 Euros per session or 275 for all three
Thursday 7-9 pm public talk: FREE for participants of the whole 3-day intensive course, and a friend of yours (please reserve your spot and give the name of your friend at firstname.lastname@example.org), 25 Euros for Athens Yoga members (VAT included), 30 Euros for non-members (VAT included)
Cancellation 1 month prior to event: 50% refund
Cancellation within a month prior to event: No refund
Michael Stone is a renown Yoga teacher, Buddhist teacher and psychotherapist based in Canada. He integrates Vipassana, Zen and Yoga and runs a thriving centre in Toronto that integrates Yoga, meditation, and social action. He has authored five books, one of which the popular "Inner Tradition of Yoga" and most recently Awake in the World: Yoga & Buddhist Teachings for Living an Engaged Life." www.centreofgravity.org
"Michael Stone's teaching brilliantly reveals the profound underpinnings of yoga which are rarely taught or understood. His demonstration of the interdependence of theory, practice and daily life makes yoga work on a level that will truly transform our minds and hearts, as well as our bodies.”
– Richard Freeman, Director of The Yoga Workshop, Boulder, Colorado